From:
Eric A Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 1994 19:46:35 -0500
I second the opinion that these make wonderful ferret toys.  I got Hershey
and Nestle' 20 feet of it for Christmas, and they loved it as soon as
they got used to it.

The only caveat I'd offer is that when I first got it the vinyl still
smelled very, VERY strongly, and it scared them.  The smell went away
after only a week, so I'd suggest airing the hose out for a week or
so before giving it to the ferrets.

E.S., Hershey and Nestle'

[The only caveat I'd add is that you should take a pair of pliers and
make sure that the wire ribbing isn't sticking out at the ends.  Fold
it back on itself, and it should be fine.]