From:
Tracy Jose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:16:02 -0500
Hello FML,

I noticed that my little girl, Roo, has symptoms of adrenal.  She has a
swollen vulva, hair loss on her shoulders, back feet and weight loss.  I
told the vet that I suspect Adrenal and the vet opened a book looked at
Roo and said yup, sure looks like it.  They did not do any blood work or
anything, just looked at her.  They told me that they do not do adrenal
surgeries...so I asked them what about Lupron?  She looked at me like, what
are you talking about?  She did, however say that there is a vet 3 hours
away that does the surgery and gave me his number.  I also checked with
a couple of other vets here in town and only one said they have done the
surgery a couple of times.  I live in a city of approx.  65,000 people (not
very small) and none of the vets here seem too ferret knowledgeable.  I
also have a ferret who was diagnosed with Insulinoma just recently and
they also said they do not do surgery for that either.  Geez!  He currently
is on Prednisone and doing well.

I will take my little Roo Bear to that vet that is 3 hours away and do the
surgery, it just frustrates me that the vets here aren't very helpful when
it comes to ferrets.  There are a lot of people here who have ferrets in
this city, I wonder who is doing their surgeries, or if they're even
getting done at all. :-(  Just had to vent....i'm at my wits end with this
town sometimes!  Thanks FML!

Tracy J.
Tango, Chico, Roo, Pepe', Spunky & Leah