From:
"William A. Killian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 00:56:22 -0500
>From:    Karen Daigneault <"[log in to unmask]"@BEALENET.COM>
>Subject: Distemper Vaccinations
>I was informed by my vet's office that Galaxy D bought out FROMM...and
>they "are the same"..anyone have any opinions on this?

They are not identical.  The virus for FROMM D was grown on a chick embryo
base while Galaxy-D is grown on a simian base as we remember it.  The Fox
book specifically stated that monovalent chick embryo derivatives should be
used.  FROMM-D and Fervac-D qualify.  Galaxy-D didn't exist at that point.

The FROMM line and the Galaxy line both came from the same manufacturer and
no sale was involved in the change as we understand it.  It appears to be a
reduction in line names with in the same company and a change in
manufacturing process.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
mailto:[log in to unmask]  mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.zenferret.com/