Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 10:23:49 EDT
>This is in regards to your post in response to laws in Ohio.
>
>Nikki are you a ferret breeder? if so, is that why you are against
>changing the laws in Ohio to protect the ferret from people like McKay?

I am not a breeder at this point but should have my first litters this
year. I am a dog breeder and fairly involved in dog shows and training.
I am against restrictive laws because I follow dog legislation issues
and see where restrictive laws lead. I am not someone who is quick to
want to give up my rights or take rights away from others. I am afraid
that laws such as those recently put in place in Louisville will become
common. There are groups of people who wish to take away breeder's
rights to breed animals and owner's rights to own animals. I will not
support laws in that direction.

>Now I really doubt that if a breeding fee & limit laws were imposed on
>the ferret breeders, that they would stop breeding, they may cut back
>on their breeding stock and the number of litters they produce.

I just spoke to a show breeder who has 90+ ferrets in their care. How
could such a breeder continue if there were limit laws or per animal
fees? Why should breeders HAVE to cut back on their breeding stock or
litters per year? How is it helping ferrets, ferret owners or ferret
breeders to cut back on the number of quality ferret litters which
are born?

Nikki