From:
Kris Kriskius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:25:36 EST
I along with several others have written Marcy several times regarding
this rescue, and I (and others) have yet to get a reply.  I am posting
this to the FML, maybe she will see it here?

Hi Marcy,
I have a few questions and to be quite honest I am very confused about
this transport.

First of all, I am wondering why didn't you contact the FAA to help you
with this?  IMO if you would have done that it maybe would have been less
confusing for people?

I am also confused with how many ferrets are we talking about here?  Can
you give me an exact number?  What is their story, where did they come
from?  I just don't understand the situation at all and I was wondering
if you would be willing to clarify it for me.

Have some of these ferrets been placed yet?  If so, with who?  I
understand if you are not wanting to share their names, but I just find
it rather odd that from your emails it sounds as if we are dealing with
many ferrets, and not one person has spoke up stating that they either
received a ferret from this *rescue*...or that they are helping with the
transport.

Are you checking references?  Do you know about the people you are
placing them with?  Are they UTD on vaccinations, have they been ADV
tested?

I am sorry for all the questions but I am just really confused about the
entire situation, I have been going back into the archives at the FML to
see if I can get answers to some of my questions, but I end up getting
more confused.

I am in the Midwest, I am not too sure if these ferrets are being
transported anywhere near here, but I am near Iowa and Kansas.  I would
be willing to help out, but before I do so, I would like some answers,
so I would know what exactly I am getting into if my offer to help is
accepted.

Thank you.
Kris