From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:49:12 -0500
As SOON as I read Anita's letter I got on the horn to Reilly's office in CA.
The gent's out, but I left a voice mail and my number.

The last I had heard Dr. Reilly told me that he personally was very
positively impressed by the CDC/KSU research when he read it  (Before that
he was totally against the quarantine; the assessments of the committee just
wasn't enough by itself for him.), but the CA decision whether or not to
have a quarantine is up to an appointed committee.  His office was going to
get back to mt when the committee decision is final but I'd heard nothing.
This could mean they just forgot, or the notification got lost in the mail,
or that the final choice was recent enough that the letter is still is in
the mail, or that there is not yet a final decision so Koss may have been
talking off-the-cuff from some earlier pers.com.s.  When I get the call back
from Reilly's office I'll let you know, but since I don't know if it will be
today I decided to let you know what I'm doing on this NOW.

BTW, if CA doesn't honor a quarantine as per the 1998 Compendium it will
very likely be the ONLY state in that situation.  A handful are still
following their long procedures to implement change, but most have already
accepted the Compendium at the state department level.  WARNINGS: in some
states where the Compendium is honored the local departments have autonomy,
or just plain have not been informed of changes so education in ALL states
by residents (This means YOU, everyone!!!!!!!) IS NEEDED!!!!!

Sukie