From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 07:33:47 -0800
My new baby ferret Leonard has a leg dislocated at the hip (his left hind
leg).  He is only 10 weeks old (and as big as my 4 year old female), and
the vet says he will heal on his own.  It appears to be an old injury, it
isn't bothering him in the least right now.  He just hops around a lot
(like a bunny does).  I was just wondering if his leg might atrophy to any
degree since he's not using it too much.  Right now he can't grip w/his
toes.  Also, the vet says that if he heals okay that's fine, but if he
doesn't and it causes him pain later, it will have to be fixed.  Does
anyone know what the vet will do to fix it?  I have no idea how it could
have happened, he had this "condition" when I got him.

Minta