From:
Michael Flaster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 1994 10:49:02 -0400
I am not actually a ferret owner (yet), but I will most likely become
one in the future.  I've been reading lots of stuff about them, including
the FAQ, but there was a question on my mind that didn't seem to be addressed.
Do ferrets usually know their owners?  Can they distinguish them from
other people?  And is this based on sight, sound, or smell?  Also, do
they learn their names?  I know cats often ignore you if you call their
name, but I think it's clear they know they're being called.  Is the
same true of ferrets?

Mike