From:
R Greene / A Maunder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 1996 23:43:31 -0700
Hi Again Ferret Fanciers!

A question and a couple of responses this time...

QUESTION: Does anyone know of an Eastern Canadian (or even better, Atlantic
Canadian) source for Totally Ferret food?  Would appreciate an e-mail on
this.

RE: HOMING IN DESCENTED FERRETS: Oliver (10-month old sable hob) definately
knows his way home.  When we're on the way home from a walk, he practically
races me - and always runs up on our lawn or turns in our driveway.
Interestingly, he hever has trouble locating his litter box in a new place -
and we go visiting alot.  Wherever I put it, upstairs or down, he finds his
way back is uses it.

RE: DREAMING: No doubt about it, Oliver dreams.  Runs in his sleep, Makes
little happy noises - not dooking, "eats" (works his mouth & tounge as if
eating - probably dreaming of his favourite treat - red licorice).

RE: NICE HOT BATH WATER: Oliver loves a shower or bath.  Comes running when
I whistle and hops right in!  Before knowing for sure a ferret's body temp
is higher than ours, I suspected as much just by the "feel" of him (couldn't
find reference to it any books I'd bought) and gradually warmed the shower
temp to a nice hot shower - by people standards.  He loved it.  I take him
up on my chest and he puts his head on my shoulder and closes his eyes,
sighs, lets the water pur down over him.  In the bath he just lies on my
tummy and does the same - just about goes to sleep.

RE: FUNNY FERRET STORIES: My husband is currently working in Malaysia.  I
know he misses our fuzzy terribly and would be delighted to hear funny
ferret stories.  If anyone would like to e-mail him a story or two, here's
his address: [log in to unmask] His name is Gord.

Bye for now, Andrea
Dooks and kisses from Oliver