Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 16:42:39 -0500
Hello all!

Baijan had a vet appointment today, to get his last distemper booster for
the year.  And Zaire just insisted he get to go along for the ride ;) They
both got weighed, and I am happy to report that they've both put on some
weight!  Zaire gained a half a pound & Baijan gained a quarter pound, in
only 2 weeks!!  So, Zaire is up to 2.5#, Baijan is 2.25#.  Baijan has grown
a gorgeous long, thick, silky coat.  I am so amazed, because he was a little
bit ratty looking when I first picked him up 3 weeks (or so) ago.  Zaire is
starting to get longer, thicker fur, but its no where near as gorgeous as
Baijan's!!

Baijan did wonderfully with his shot, didn't have any troubles at all. =)

Also, I bought some Eukanuba chicken & rice this past weekend & have started
mixing that in with their Iams Kitten chow.  I thought it would be good,
since the Eukanuba has quite a lot of animal proteins, as opposed to corn &
rice & all those other things.  The protein is 34% & the fat is 21%, so I
think it will be good mixed with the Iams kitten chow.  What do others think
of this?

Also, this past weekend I was at a local pet shop called Zimmer's Pets &
noticed that they had Totally Ferret.  They only had two 5 pound bags, which
were $14.99 each.  I was hesitant to purchase any, because I wasn't sure if
it was a good price, plus I thought the bags looked a bit nasty, like bugs
may have chewed tiny holes in them here & there!!  So, I decided I'd look at
prices on the web & maybe go back later on & see if the pet shop has any
newer bags of it.  Well, I looked at prices from one place one the web, and
they charged like $18.99 for a 5# bag.  I'm wondering what you guys pay, and
is $14.99 a good price?

Also, I bought a tube of Petromalt, since I've been reading so much about
"hairballs" and blockages, etc... How much of this should I feed my guys &
how often.  I gave them a bit of it over the weekend.  Baijan seemed to like
it well enough, but Zaire would start shaking his head & backing away from
it, he didn't like it at ALL!! =)   Can i mix it with some ferretone??  I
also thought I'd read once upon a time, someone who dilutes the ferretone
with olive oil??  Could I perhaps make a mixture of petromalt, ferretone &
olive oil?  And what ratios would i mix?

Okay, think I've taken up enough space for one post!!
Hugs to all!!

Aprille
Zaire - I'm bigger than you are!
Baijan - Well, my fur is nicer than yours!
George (the kitten) - Come on guys... I wanna wrestle some more!!