Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 19:24:02 -0400
Well, now that I'm caught up on my FML reading (a week in Cleveland will do
that to ya), I see the subject of "orange" ferts has popped up again.
Chester's color varies from a flaming orangish red (much like a red
kangaroo) to the standard silvery color of a silver mitt.  He's kept indoors
and eats IAMS Kitten.  I've written it off as a hormonal/seasonal thing.
BK says he's sable, but I gotta tell ya, Bill, I'm not totally convinced;
he was sold by the pet store owner as a silver mitt.  Anyway; if anyone
wants to take a look for themselves, you can see Chester at
http://members.tripod.com/~michaeljay/ferrets/chester.htm

I would like to relate a strange thing that happened to me during my
business trip to Cleveland last week.  The first night I stayed there, I
had a short dream.  In the dream, I envisioned Chester's cage door being
open, and the carpet in front of the bathroom sink was pulled up; one of
the few spots of carpet the kids seem to leave alone.  The next day, when I
remembered the dream, I laughed about it and figured I was just worrying
too much.  My friend Don, who checks in on the brats while I'm gone, is
fairly good with them, and has been trained to properly double-latch
Chester's cage, since Chester has the ability to unlatch and let himself
out when he pleases if it's not latched in two places.  Don also knows that
when the kids are out, all the upstairs doors, including the bathroom door,
should be kept closed.  So, I didn't think anything more of the dream until
I got home.

Upon my return on Friday, I noticed that someone had been in the bathroom
who shouldn't have been... I asked Don how the kids were, and he said they
were fine, except he must've done something wrong when latching Chester's
cage Monday night, because the next time he came to check on them, the cage
door was open.  He had left the bathroom door open too, and he said that
Chester had pulled up the carpet in front of the sink.  Then I told him
about the dream.  Never underestimate the mind of a ferret!

Michael (Bluejay)

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre
minds.    --  Albert Einstein

http://members.tripod.com/~michaeljay
Visit The Bridge Coffeehouse!
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/9636/index.htm