From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2009 14:20:28 -0500
Ferret First Aid (I still need to read this but since it is by Dr.
Bruce Williams I know it will be excellent.):

<http://smallanimalchannel.com/ferrets/ferret-health/first-aid-for-ferrets.aspx>
page 2
<http://smallanimalchannel.com/ferrets/ferret-health/first-aid-for-ferrets-2.aspx>

I thought that this pneumonia write-up would be of interest. (Dr. Karen
Rosenthal knows her stuff.)

<http://smallanimalchannel.com/ferrets-magazine/ferret-vet-expert/0901-ferret-with-pasteurella.aspx>

Steve and I years ago had a healthy ferret who got pneumonia and
pleurisy out of the blue with cause never found but responsive to two
antibiotics given. Though rare, pneumonia can be present in ferrets,
and even quite advanced, with very few symptoms and even with a chest
that sounds okay but shows an entirely different story when imaged.

You folks who have been asking about cold weather care will be grateful
for this:

<http://smallanimalchannel.com/ferrets/ferret-health/winter-and-your-ferrets.aspx>

(and being in Maine this is among the topics that Dr. Sandra Mitchell
knows well)

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: