From:
Paula Merritt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 13:55:38 EST
Jacci: [also sent to the the FML]

Hi - I just read your post on FML and want to share with you how I handled
this problem.

First of all, my first ferret started on our "couches" - many many little
holes underneath and would climb inside the couch.  I could never get her
out!

Then I got another ferret and BOTH of them would go into it.  I could never
reach them.  This is what I did.  I took an old sheet and cut it to fit the
bottom of both of my couches and then I turned the couches over and with a
staple gun, I stapled the sheet to the bottom!  I stapled every few inches
all the way around the couch.  Like Magic - it works wonderfully!!!  We
have since bought a new couch and before I bought it, I made a deal with
the company that even before they delievered, they do the same thing with
our new couch!  They agreed and I brought them the sheets and they did it
for me!

As for the bed - that was before my couch deal and I didnt know what to do
so I cut off the entire bottom so now they cant hide.  But my husband are
in the process of bed shopping now and will purchase one this week end.
Before I even set it up, I am going to do the same thing with the sheet -
and staple it around the edges of the entire bed!

Try it - it is a bit time consuming but it works like magic!!  Whats a
little time - your kids are worth it!

Good luck!

Paula and her weasels in Oregon
Newton & Suzie