From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 03:19:13 -0800
Hi Todd;

I use Nature's Fresh, recycled newspaper litter, 800-835-6569..  It's the
only one I've found without aromatic oils added (which would be bad, as that
can cause respiratory problems).

I find it only at PetSmart, but the price is good, some 30lbs for $10.  Mine
poop right on top, and about a one inch layer is saturated by my 8 in one
day so I simply dump it all to clean.  Makes it easy, and they don't track
it at all, no health hazzard or dirty feet from stepping in wet clumping,
which sets up like cement!

I don't use any wood chips, too messy.  I use a Depends type bed liner for a
cage liner.  It''s disposable diaper material in a rectangle.  IT's soft
enough they sleep on it, I add a couple of paper towels for additional
padding, and if they miss the litter box I just toss it, which is almost
every day:) [I hear the aspen is the only acceptable type though, the ceder
casue the respiratory problems also.]

I think a dark sable might look as black as possible, and my Sachi is white
with black eyes..  Adorable!  BTW, the local pet store says Marshall Farms
are holding back the black eyed whites in an effort to breed them, any one
know if there's any fact in that?  You could ask around pet stores or
breeders in your area, consult the STAR database for a list of breeders &
shelters.

    Have fun,

Gary & the gang of fur