From:
Julia Goodwin-Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 18:40:22 +0000
How about Soap in the mouth like good ole mommy used to do?

I just wanted to ask because I didn't read several of the FML issues
before todays (yesterday).  Did that Soap that Mr. Mullen win have a
gold nugget in the middle or something?  Good Lord!  Soap!!!  I guess if
people get out their trivial complaints out on here they won't do it
towards people offline.

The truth is, this list is really wonderful because I have learned so
much.  I've learned about wood pellets for litter (big relief in my ferret
life), I've learned about many ferret diseases to look out for and have
a general understanding of, I have even learned little tips like laying
newspaper down while the ferrets are out instead of having a bunch of
litter boxes all around they won't use while out of cage.  My life with
my ferrets has become much easier because of this list.

BUT, I also find myself not reading hardly any of the issues anymore,
sadly because of the petty silly stuff I see posted such as SOAP
controversies over something that the essential purpose was was the money
to help with a shelter, not who won soap that can be bought at the dollar
store or something.  (Forgive me if the soap was really expensive types
or something like I said I just read about it being SOAP and someone
being angry about it)

I do like controversies that teach me two sides of an argument like
shipping ferrets, MF info, even PETA issues even though I find them
extremists, I'm genuinly interested in their exploits.  I like the
heartfelt commentary, the Rainbow Bridge stories, and the chance to alert
people of ferrets in need of a home.  If we are all going to argue on
something, lets make it educational and not personal.

Julia and the fuzzy four:
Othella the Acrobat, Liam the Poet,
Willow the Beauty Queen, Piper the Charmed One