From:
Jill Brumley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:05:23 EST
I think I was the one in 2003...but my ferrets were not fed the green
pea diet. The little brats were stealing the cats food, unknown to me!
The vet told me that the (then called IVD, now Royal Canin) green pea
formulas were causing the cysts.

Watch out for the cats bowls! I keep the cat food elevated, and put it
down when the cats are hungry. My two ferrets can be sound asleep, hear
the sound of the cats tag against the bowl and before you know it, here
they come! Lucky is really good at the grab and run. He will tear in
the kitchen, grab a mouthful of food, and hide under the hutch. Then I
have to drag him out, and empty his mouth of food. Can you all imagine
the look on his face? "but mom! finders keepers right?" He said the
same thing when I found him behind the couch chowing down on a Tootsie
Roll he managed to steal from my husband! <*sigh*> Gotta love 'em!

Cheers,
Jill and the Paws to the Wall Gang