From:
Cheryl Bott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 1997 11:03:48 -0400
Dear FML,

I've been experiencing some interesting ferret habits which I would like to
share, and hopefully get some input.

I have Precious (albino sprite, 1yr old) she was terrible as a baby litter
wise...she just never used the litterbox, since she hit 8 months old, she's
been 100 percent all the time. Now her buddy....5 month old male (Emmett)
always hit the box as a baby, now that he is 5 months old (teenager) he only
uses the litterbox when he's caged, and I like to give him lots of liberty
time loose, then he never uses his litterbox, I think he's rebelling. But his
potty spots are pretty creative. He likes to use the bathroom sink to poop
in, and he climbs ontop of the toliet to urinate. This morning while I was
having coffee with Precious, Emmett ran in, jumped onto my lap, unto the end
table, backed up to the edge and lifted his tail. I screamed, and picked him
up and deposited him into his cage with box.( He couldn't get into the
bathroom because my Son was in there.) Boy was he angry. But I have to say,
he sure does show some creativity in his potty spots....what better than the
edge of a table. Has anybody ever tried one of those "toliet buddies" they
make for cats. I would be afraid that he might fall into the toliet, so we
keep the lid shut, and he goes right on top of it.... I'm looking to the FML
to see if anyone else has had a Ferret act like this.

Cheryl and her Ferrets two!