From:
SELENA SIMONETTI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 1995 09:00:38 -0500
Hello! I am hoping to become a new ferret owner within 3 years. Lots of
time, I know, but I have to get a full time job and move out of my
parent's house first (I am a university student.).  I have ever been
without a pet and I  do not intend on living without one, so  my
apartment will be pet-accepting (most here are thank God <G>).  What is
the typical price of a healthy well-adjusted young/baby ferret? I don't
care about sex/or coloring, I just want a friendly little fuzzball to
take care of. I realize I may have to neuter/spay or de-scent them. I
have handled rats, hamsters, mean dogs, and demon-possessed cats from
hell  because I worked at a humane society for 2 years, not  to metion
4-h for 1 year. So I have even handled a pain-in-the-a** nasty 900  pound
heifer  with horns.  I have had expeirences good and bad with most kinds of
fur covered creatures so I am not afraid of getting bit. Should I get a
ferret from the society or from a pet shop?  The ones in the pet shop
look friendlier, but I feel badly for perfectly innocent creatures who
get dumped at the society because they are not cute anymore, it gets me
mad, but that's a whole other issue. ANyhow, any advice or "hello's" are
perfectly welcome here!<VBG>
Selena Simonetti