From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 20:59:34 -0400
to:    James Makowski <>

I have never really liked the cage clips.  I drill a hole in the litter pan
in either the corner or two along one side.  all holes are drilled on the rim
or close tothe top of the pan.  then I use plastic coated wire to bend a
"hook" above the hole and then hook the litter pan onto the side of the cage.

Yes, ferrets can still get under the pan and behind it, but they can't turn
it over or relocate the pan.  the wire cleans up just like the pan - in a
sink filled with warm, soapy water (no bleach or strong chemicals please).

Pam and her Pet Pals