From:
Ann Hehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 21:43:20 -0600
Hi everyone,
I have a question for the group regarding a particular behavior that my
3.5 yr old Cinnamon does.  When I first get her up from sleeping for a long
period (particularly in the morning) she makes a licking kinda gagging
sound that reminds me of someone who has dry mouth and is trying to get the
juices flowing.  She licks her lips a lot at times as well.  Does anyone
else have a fuzzy who exhibits this behavior.  I have another girl, Jillie,
also about 3 who does this on occasion but not nearly as often as Cinnamon.
Of note, Cinnamon has had enlarged lymph nodes (don't know if this is
lymphoma or not as she hasn't been biopsied) in her shoulders and above her
hind legs which have been essentially normal for about 6 weeks with the
combination of pred and Timmys.  Just wondering if this is common in older
ferrets or not.  She has only been doing this for the past few months.
Thanks for your input.  Hope everyone has a safe holiday season and hugs to
the fuzzies.

Ann and the fuzzy three (Cinnamon, Sabrina and Jillie)