From:
Donna & Daniel Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:53:53 -0500
Read your post today, about the little girl found.  It was a wonderful
heartwarming story, and I am so very grateful that she has found you, to
care, love and comfort her.  It shook me up a bit to say, though, as (see
below)

My Odin is still at large, and I pray everyday, that SOMEONE, has him
and is loving and caring for him, as much as I would if he were home with
me , I avoid thinking about the worst case scenario, open city sewer,
automobiles, elements...

How do the shelters do it?  Often with a lot of prayer, and whatever way
they can think of to raise money, wonderful, understanding ,work with
the shelter, vets, and generous people.  I have in other years, paid out
upwards of $5,000 or more, for surgeries and that doesn't include the
food (varieties, treats, linatones, ferretvites, and toys) and it is all
paid for(currently have a credit) with Kenosha Animal Hospital, where my
most wonderful, vet/surgeon Dr. Wm.  Carlisle, cares for my ferrets.
What I have done, is paid in advance, in lieu of upcoming, and unplanned
vet expenses, when I had the available funds.  The credit gets used up
fast sometimes.  I myself have a small group, and all of our expenses are
out of pocket, but I also have support at home, a husband who retired
from the Navy, (his retirement makes the house payment) and whom has a
good job with the railroad.  My blessing is that I can work and use my
monies for the ferrets care, with his blessing, and without complaint
(bless his heart) , for there are those who would not be so willing to
let a spouse part with the almight dollar to treat and spoil such
wonderful little fur beings.  Our rewards, healthy, happy, fun loving
ferrets, who sleep with us, give kisses freely and without shame, and
just bring joy, as well as poop patrol into our lives (as free roam
ferrets are willing and able to do).

You would be surprised how creative you can be, when it comes to
something you want, desire, or must have.

May your gift of love, care a warm meal and home for this little girl, be
a blessing, and a hope desired by me for my Odin, whom I miss dearly, as
well as a few others who have gone missing, over the past few years, and
have yet to find their way home too.

Troy Lynn, I hope I remembered the right name for your lost wee boy.
Sometimes, crs is prevalent, but I keep trying, and keep trying your
patience too?

Dawna, I have your email address in old computer, have to input it in new
or you would have received this also, I just cannot remember the whole
address to forward on to you, sorry.

For;
Tasha
Slippery
Scottie
Nipper
Odin
Taz
and many others

Please visit Eppys "NeverForeverLand " where little lost ferrets go.
(you will have to look that up in search *s* ...and I SHOULD KNOW THIS!
Or if Joanne would so kindly post this for me.

Favorites list also needs updating, with new computer comes new woes?

Sincerely
Donna & Eppy