From:
Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 01:25:21 -0700
Janice Leehouts wrote the other day about tail alopecia and her talk with
her vet, to wit:

>Our vet also said another reason ferrets lose their tail hair besides
>adrenal disease has something to do with the exposure to light in the
>Pacific Northwest.  we live in Idaho, so that was also a possibility.

Ah yesss, this damned Pacific Northwest light and its effects on ferret
tail hair.  You know, that PacNW light sure goes a far aways east too,
since there are a number of ferrets on the east coast that lose tail hair
from time to time also.  Golly, gee whiz, Jan, your sure got a smart vet!

I figure the best way to shield their tails is to keep the ferrets always
pointed to the west.  You Seattlelites got that?  No more walking your
ferrets easterly, cause they'll get that damned PacNW light on their tails.

Maybe we should sew little black cloth bags and cover their tails with the
bag.  Hmmmm?

Edward Der Frettchen Wahrheitskaempe von Frettchenvergnuegenland dabei
Lipinski