From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 11:42:36 -0700
I just love it when we have visitors pass through.  Today we had a kitty
named Casper pass through on his way to where the cats hang out.  We had
a sort of multicultural day, I suppose.  You see, I found a special
little one named Stinky to help me greet Casper.  Stinky is a wild mink.

Stinky was an injured little soul that Casper's mom helped out a long,
long time ago.  Casper seemed to get along with everybody on earth and
didn't fit the stereotype of cats.  So it just seemed all too fitting for
Stinky to show up to meet and greet Casper.

When Casper arrived and walked across the bridge, he was happy to see all
sorts of animals in the distance.  Even dogs.  But then he seemed a bit
caught off guard which is understandable.  I mean he was whisked off so
quickly.  He hardly had time to understand what was happening.  He saw
our wings, and Stinky's halo glow, and then it was very clear to him
where he was.  He looked back over his shoulder, and I turned his furry
cheek towards us.

"Don't worry.  You're mommy and Gerri your doggie mommy will be coming
before you know it.  It's Rainbow time here.  So come see the sites.  By
the time you begin to settle in they will be here to love you.  While you
wait, there is more love and comfort here than you can imagine."  He had
a doubtful look on his face.  Stinky nodded his way and I smiled at him.
Casper replied, "But I don't want to just be where cats are ... I see
they are over in that area beyond the meadow." I assured him that he was
not restricted.  Ever.  Then I walked him on over to the reflecting pond
where he could see his beloved Gerri any time he wanted, and to check in
on the rest of his family as well.  He curled up by the pond for a while
to watch his dog romp about the yard and was quite proud to show her off
to us as well as to anyone else that happened by.  I can't wait to meet
Gerri myself.

Then satisfied by watching his mommy and everyone, off we went to patter
about with the ferrets, Stinky by our side.  We jumped into the rice beds
and played with some foil balls for a bit.  But no way could we keep up
with Casper, even with Stinky and I snorkeling through the rice and
nipping at his toes to throw him off guard.  Next, we went to a creek
where Stinky and Casper tried to catch fish.  Stinky sort of got caught
up in fishing there, and Casper got distracted by a dog I started to talk
to about some tennis balls that I saw some kits make off with.  The dog
was on his way to retrieve the balls and was just passing by.  But he
made friends with Casper and they promised to find each other later on.
We told Stinky we'd catch him later and went on to find Casper a soft
bed where the cats stay.  He chose a bed in a soft fluffy cloud that is
way way up here.  Nobody knows how to nap like a cat.

I left Casper napping in that cloud, but later, I found some ferrets had
found their way up to that cloud and were dooking and laughing quite
loudly as they pounced on him and rolled him off of it to play.

Sandee