From:
James Makowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 09:41:21 -0500
Has anybody else bought the cage clips from Ferret Outfitters?  I bought
them as well as the litter pan they sell.  The only problem is that the
sticky foam tape on the cage clips wouldn't hold.  They popped off the
new litter pan every time I tried clipping it to the cage.  I then
removed the tape and tried Krazy Glue.  Holds a construction worker to a
steel beam my behind.  I let it sit for over an hour setting before I
tried to clip the pan to the cage.  After 5 minutes in the cage, Nibbles'
pawing to get behind the pan ripped the clips right off the pan.  Super
glue couldn't hold two pieces of paper together.  (It adheres to skin
really well though, too bad there's no use for it in that department.)
I'm at my wits end.  I'm considering epoxy, but if that doesn't hold I'm
afraid she might try to eat the epoxy.  The only other thought I've had
is to drill small holes in the pan and the clip and attaching it with
small screws (screw head on the inside of the pan of course).  Any other
ideas?  Shouldn't I write the company and complain?  Or, if there is
anyone from Ferret Outfitters that reads this list, is there anything you
can do or suggest to help?

Thanks,
Jim (Nibbles is being punished for waking me in the middle of the night,
so she doesn't get her signature here.)