From:
Kim VanderLaan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:59:59 -0400
> From:    Becky Poland <[log in to unmask]>
>
>i don't mind when he is out, but i cage them while i am at work so
>they will not get hurt, so when i come home, all my fuzzies are around
>the waste in the cage that is not in the litter box. any suggestions?

Hi Becky,

I saw this on the FML. There are a lot of male ferrets (and Dusty
sounds like one of them) who dislike and won't use the corner litter
boxes. I only ever had a problem with him when he and Comet (who had
degenerative disk disease and could not use a litter box) seemed
particularly close. At those times, he would imitate Comet and go next
to the box. The litter pans that I use were custom made of the cages
that I have, but you can get some that are similar enough that he
should go back to using them. Try either those high-back square boxes
that have the cut-down front section or get a cat litter box and cut
down a front section yourself. Either of those should work for him,
as those are what I use when I travel and he was good with them.

I'm so sorry about all the problems you've had with him. I feel bad
about it. As of April of this year, he was perfectly healthy. And with
only a few exceptions, he's always been pretty consistent with the
litter box.

Kim