From:
"Downey, Susan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 15:12:10 -0700
Angela,

Before I got pregnant I did a search of the FML archives.  What I found was
that the chance of coming in contact with toxoplasms while doing litterbox
detail is slim but still there.  Your best bet is to have some one else do
litter box duty before and during your pregnancy.  Pretty much better safe
than sorry.  I am 11 weeks pregnant, with twins, and my husband is already
pretty sick of doing litterboxes.  But all he does is moan about it, he
still does it every day.  He wont let me any where near the litter boxes.
There is nothing dangerous at all about being near the ferrets themselves.

Good Luck,
Susan and her frenzy of four*
* Elbert RB 11/22/99