From:
Judi Clausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:49:14 EDT
>Two years ago I could barely crawl around on the floor, but I did
>because they encouraged me.  They even help me psychologically so
>that I don't have to take depression medications that make me sick.
>Somebody, help us please!  I'm going to lose my children!
>
>From:
>Lori & Rat's Brats in North Carolina
>(Lance, Merlin, Nikita, Pirate & Sandy)

Lori, I feel so sad for you!  I, too live in an apartment complex that
gets a government subsidy for low-income folks due to the fact that I am
disabled.  I know that I am not supposed to have ferrets here either, nor
any pet; and I too feel its terribly unfair!  The thought of losing them
is just unimaginable.  They are such a blessing to anyone with medical
problems, especially if you are stuck in the house a lot.  I've even
thought of volunteering to take them into a local nursing home to cheer
the residents, they have folks bringing dogs, so why not ferrets?  Of
course I know I'm prejudiced, but I truly do think ferrets are an even
better choice than dogs, due to their size and ease in handling, for
spreading love & joy to the disabled and elderly.

I am getting ready to move though so I won't have to worry about "getting
caught" much longer.  I'm going to move in with my Mom who is 91, as I
don't think its safe anymore for her to live alone any longer, she has
heart problems and difficulty seeing & hearing now.  So hopefully it will
benefit both of us, Mom with the physical things and me, financially.
Its going to be a major adjustment though as far as privacy is concerned
for me, and for Mom, the addition of kids and animals.  But I think it
will work out okay.  Surely there is an option available for you too;
have you really explored thoroughly all other living places where you
live?  Talk to everyone you know.  If you'd like to email me off list,
please do, its [log in to unmask]

Judi