From:
"Caitlyn M. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 15:23:24 -0400
Nichole wrote:
>About the 6.5-7.0 lb fuzzies .. i read somewhere that fuzzies that are
>neutered/spayed at birth usually don't have the chance of reaching a
>weight of over the 3 lb mark .. are these huge fuzzies neutered/spayed?

Hi, everyone,

One of the ferrets up for adoption at The Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven is
Baby.  You have never held a big fuzzy until you have had him in your arms.
He is a beautiful champagne ferret weighing in at a whopping 8.5 pounds!
He is simply the longest, biggest fuzzy I've seen yet, and is absolutely
affectionate.  Baby is neutered and descented, but I have no idea how old
he was when he had his surgery.

Now that I have answered the question, I have an opportunity to try to do a
good deed and find Baby a home.  I suspect Baby would have been adopted out
quickly if he didn't come in with Meko.  Meko is a beautiful panda, but has
a serious nipping problem which makes him difficult to find a good home
for.  When ferrets have been together all their lives, Diane, who runs the
shelter, will not separate them, which, IMHO, is a very good practice.  So,
Baby and Meko wait...

If you live in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, or Eastern
Tennessee and have the patience to work to train a problem nipper, please
call Diane Campbell at (704) 872-9538, or check out the shelter site at:

http://www.ferretguardian.org

There is also a single ferret named Chewie who lives up to his name, and
could sure benefit from a good home.

Take care,
Caity Martin
co-webmaster, FGRH