From:
Kimberly Sharp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 12:59:25 -0400
Hello again!
Well, the fire department ruled the fire to be accidental, but I still
haven't heard anything from the apartment's insurance company.  Thanks
to all of you and my family, things are going really well!  I found an
apartment on Friday that allows my 7 ferrets, but nothing else.  So somehow
I now have to part with my dogs, rabbit, mice and the 3 shelter ferrets.
Milla and Annabelle (my dogs) are going to be the hardest to part with and
I'm not sure how they're going to take it.  I'm afraid that they're going
to think I'm abandoning them and that I don't care about them.  I think
I've found close friends to take them though which means that I will still
get to see them whenever I want!!  Today (8/6/00) I will be taking Milla
to her new home to see how she does with her new family.  If all works out
well, she will be moving there permanently on Tuesday.

On Monday I get to go to the apartment and go through my things to see
if anything is salvagable.  In some ways I don't want to walk in that
apartment and see all of my destroyed belongings, but I need to see if
there is anything left.  We are actually thinking that there may be a
chance that we can sue the electric company.  Most electric companies
require that someone be home for them to turn on the electricity.  Also,
the breakers are supposed to be off when the electricity is turned on and
obviously they were not.  This means that the electric company did not do
their job correctly and could possibly be held liable!  I'm going to have
to do alot more research into the matter before I do anything legal though.

I am definitely closing the shelter now since there is no way that I can
continue in the place that I will be living.  I am still going to leave
my contact info with the local shelters in case a lost ferret comes in or
ferrets are dropped off on their doorstep.  I still want to help the
ferrets in any way that I can.

My other big problem right now is that I still have not been able to find
homes for the three shelter ferrets.  Althea, the shelter shock girl, is
now eating on her own but is still on meds twice a day and needs to be
force fed to help her fatten up.  She is approximately 500 grams right now
and doesn't seem to want to gain anymore weight.  If there is ANYONE in my
area or within 2 hours of me that could take any of these three, please
email me!  They have cages and all supplies with them including water
bottles, food bowls, litter boxes, and cage bedding.

I wanted to thank everyone that has helped me in this situation and
everyone who has sent supporting emails!!!  You all have helped me so much
through all of this and I don't know what I would have done without your
help!!  Ferret people are truly the best people out there!!!  Give all of
your fuzzbutts kisses for me!!  Thank you all again from the bottom of my
heart!!!

Dooks and Kisses,
Kim
http://www.geocities.com/nrvexotics/