From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:16:48 -0400
I MUST say "THANK YOU" ANGELS --

Here is why.
I opened an unexpected box which was delivered to the shelter today.
Inside the box was a Martins barn carrier and a note which read,
"A Special Gift for a special shelter Mom for the Angels at the bridge "

I was floored!  Whom ever was the helper for the angels I must say THANK
YOU!.

We had several barn carriers here a few years back when we were able to
keep Martin's cages in stock for families adopting ferrets..  That was
before 9/11 and we can no longer stock anything much for resale outside
of our own made hammies.

In the meantime those carriers we used for the kids here went over to the
hospice house with Aunt Judy as she had been doing a large number of the
kids with post op care.  Now we have a number of kids here that need
surgery and are getting older-- I did not have a barn to keep them in....
now we do!

What makes the barn so special you might ask- when a small cage could do
the job?  It is smaller so movement is restricted ( great for mobility
kids) , you can see into it far better than a carrier - and if shelter
Mom ( who keeps long hours) needs to take a nap - the barn fits easily on
the bed beside her-- so she can feel more at ease with a sick, elder or
recovering kid.It is a crucial piece of equipment that has been missed!

I truly hope that this gift will allow us to enable the kids to have
longer time here BEFORE they cross the bridge-- and again-- for the kind
thoughts and loving gesture-- I do say

Thank you angels where ever you are.

Alicia
A humble shelter MOM