From:
outlawdook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 12:47:10 -0700
I could not pass up the post, Jean from Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter
made, without putting my $.02 in.  KUDOS to you Jean, without shelter mom's
like you, there would be certain death to the fuzzies you have taken under
your wing.  I'm grateful that you are there for the fuzzies, I personally
want to say thank you and commend you for doing a thankless task, they the
nay sayers have no clue about.  You wrote a superb post.  It definitely
takes one to walk in the shoes you wear to have the right to criticize.  I
do not know you, but I would be just as upset as you, for the ignorance of
those who have not been there.  To those who posted rumors, shelter mom's
and dad's don't take vacations, are not paid for the endless hours spent
caring for fuzzies of those who can't care for one and ends up at a shelter
like Jean's, they sacrifice many things we do to care for the unwanted.  I
say shame on you, until you have really volunteered at a shelter, you have
NO right to make such statements.