From:
bill and diane killian - zen and the art of ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 21:17:19 -0700
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: force feeding ferrets
>My vet has shown me the proper methods of feeding by syringe.  I will not
>feed any ferret that is unconscious, unresponsive or in any way fighting
>too hard to be fed.

Mayhaps one can see a difference between "force feeding" and "assisted
feeding".

Shoving anything down the throat of a ferret is different than putting food
into the mouth of a ferret that is too week to fetch the food for itself.

We will put food and water into the mouth of our critters that will eat it
once it's there but squirting it down the throat is not something we will
do.

--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets