From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2010 22:20:04 -0400
Dear Tara,

There are times in even a Greeter's life when we are not as much ready
to say Goodbye, as we are sad to say hello and greet a new arrival.
This is one of those times.

I sat here ... all through the week before Slinky arrived ... I, along
with Princess, Jynx, Ricky and Ellis and we prayed. We prayed and we
sent as much healing energy as we could. We sent Healing Angels for
him, and Comfort Angels for the both of you. We held candle lit vigils
and stayed awake night and day and paced back and forth begging for
second and third and tenth chances but still...

Still... it was his time to leave. I've asked the Big Guy once before
why are lives are so short, why not longer? And He told me that the
purer the spirit, the brighter we burn, the shorter our lives, it
simply what it is ... and He always leaves it at that. We are, in
essence, a fuzzy ball of unconditional love. Together with your love,
your patience, kindness, warmth ... and left-over, plastic grocery bags
... we thrive. We do more then that, we war dance and bounce off of
the walls and furniture. We steal your socks, your keys, your toiletries
but most of all your heart. We dig deep into the inside of your brand
new couch and make a nice, dark place to sleep, but are equally happy
falling asleep in the comfort of your arms. We poop, a lot, and every
where BUT on the papers you have neatly placed in each corner of your
house on your nice, hardwood floors and the few times we do, you praise
us with Ferretone or some other yummy treat, and all the time loving
you more then you could ever possibly know, so it should come as no
surprise that when it is time for us to go ...... well, we are equally
as sad too, but we always leave behind our love, our very last gift to
you.

I know you've seen them. Ellis from the corner of your eye, Ricky's
nose poking from around the island in the kitchen. You have felt them
as well, Jynx and Princess dancing on your bed as you hover in between
sleep and waking. Rascal brushing against your ankle. In time Slinky
will be a part of that presence too. He will tickle the back of your
ankle, but he won't bite, no, not like your Shark Baby. He will jump
upon your bed, and you will see him from the corner of your eye, and
that scent, that sweet, sweet, fuzzy scent, you will smell it when you
least expect it.

So it is, we sat, and we watched and when we knew it was close to
Slinky's time, we walked. Paw in paw, a very, very, long line of us.
It was not yours who came, but my mum's as well. You and she have
been tied together by our very presence and from that a very special
friendship has been formed and continues on. We are all there, and
though you did not get a chance to meet all of us in life, we walked
on.

Hobbes, Bear, Momo the Beast, Mazzie, Ellis, Ricky, Macari, Maharet,
Raphael, Rascal, Obi, Tisha, Autumn, Jynx, Boo, Princess, Simon and
Piper. Many beautiful colors, many beautiful memories, little paws
and pinky-pink noses, or in other cases cool, dark sable noses.

We heard you talking with the doctor, heard you make the difficult
decision to say goodbye, and whether you believe it or not, even in
making that choice, you still were giving Slinky unconditional love.
Many times in the lives of fuzzit parents, you must make decisions that
are in direct conflict with your emotions. It's a difficult and painful
thing to even consider, but in the end it is the right decision for
the fuzzit, even if it isn't the right one for your heart.

You made the right decision for him, and it is one he is ever so
grateful for. I know, because he told me. Yes, we got to that Bridge
just as he was falling asleep in your arms, and that's what it was,
ajsfkhDG (KEYBoard slid i n g out of my paw range ........)

Just like falling into a deep, peaceful sleep mommy (it's me Poopy
Pants) I just decided to jump in and and take over, You were right, me
and Pie I look so much alike, we could be twins. I just wanted to tell
you that my life became far better the day you adopted me and Bandit.
We didn't get to get out much before we came to live with you, and I
had all kinds of problems with my ears and then my tummy, and loosing
my hair, but each and every time I didn't feel well, there you were
to take care of me, and to take me to the doctor, and give me my
medications and spend nights awake holding me and comforting me
and most of all loving me. You did everything for me and I could have
never asked for more ..... never asked for better ..... then you mommy.

It really was just like falling asleep, and then I dreaming, and in
that dream I saw all of the very best moments in my life, and you
were in every one of them. I could hear the voices, so many different
voices. There was you saying goodbye to me, and kissing the top of my
head, you know the place where my hair was kinda thin? And there were
ferret voices, lots of ferret voices, calling to me, telling me they
were waiting. Then there was a bridge, it was white, such a bright
white, and it felt safe ..... and then I arrived. It was lush green
and full of white blooms and in the midst of it all I saw them. So
many fuzzy faces, and even though we had never seen each other before,
I *knew* them.

I have known love, but never lost it, because it came from you. I love
you so very much mommy, and I'll see you later, I promise, and even
though I only got to enjoy my new blanket set for a few moments, I
LOVED it and Pie told me I'll get the very same set made up here!

asjkdkhFHGEQIRHOI ( keyboard being taken back) My turn! He is here
Godmommy, he is safe and he has all his soft, white fur back, and
yep, he and I are going to have a real good time together!

In Love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah