Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 06:10:03 -0700
well I am having a little problem..  well in this case a BIG problem....
i have tried several different well actually a few different litters for
my ferret and i just cant get the smell to go down... what am i doing
wrong??  is there a good kind of litter that is not too exspensive that
helps to keep the smell down?

i try to clean his litter box as much as possible.  I probably do it
about once a week.  and he is really picky if it is too dirty he will
go outside of the box and if it is too clean he will go outside of the
box... i have gotten to the point that i have got vinyl flooring stuff
to put in the bottom of his cage so that it is easier to clean up... and
probably once every 2 weeks probably i will go through his cage and was
it with hot water, dawn dish soap and bleach.... but i still cant get
the smell to go down even right after i clean it it still smells just not
quite as bad and i havent been trying to get him too many baths because i
heard that, that will make him smell more because of his sent glands...

my fiancee and i are moving and i really cant have that smell in our new
house so please someone give me some advise please.

thanks,
Nick & Hope and Ivy the rottie & Koda the picky ferret

With great power comes an even greater responsibility...
                  ~ Real Love Is Forever ~