From:
Dee McNally <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 07:41:00 -0600
Hi everybody,

Just thought I would send another note.  Alexander is getting a little more
curious about Roxana, though I don't think he has figured out that she is a
fellow fert.  He still jumps back from her, like this morning when I put her
cage facing his so he could "keep an eye on her".  But now when we hold them
close to each other, he sniffs a little and stares blankly at her (and
sometimes at me!  like saying "How could you do this to me?") and starts
shaking.  I cuddle him at least 2, if not 3 times as much as her, in the
hopes that he will realize that he is still the "man of the house."

If anyone has any other suggestions, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Also, I have started the switch to Kaytee Ferret Food.  If anyone has
had problems with this food, let me know now.  Roxana was started on it
at the pet store, so since I want them to both eat the same food, I need
to know now of any problems with it.=20

To all who have lost their dear ferrets:  You have my deepest sympathy.
When I think of even they possibility . . . I well up inside, just
reading of the lives of your dear family members.  Because no matter
what anyone says, they are your children.  You care for them, try to do
what is best for them, and love them.  Take care.

With love,

Dee
Alexander ("Momma's little angel")
Roxana ("Daddy's demon child")