From:
"Deborah W. Kemmerer, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 15:02:06 -0400
I just wanted to put it my two cents' worth on the medical postings by Dr.
Williams.  I read them, too, and I feel even knowledgeable vets can learn
something from his extensive pathology experience.

On a normal day I receive anywhere from five to fifteen requests for ferret
consults either by telephone or by email.  If I post about a medical issue,
this number triples.  I really wish I had the time to answer all questions,
but it's just not possible.  I do charge a consult fee to offset some of
the time away from appointments and surgery, but even so time is the rarest
commodity.

Fortunately, many of the questions I receive can be answered by the FML FAQ
section and the Miami Ferret web page, so I refer a lot of folks to these
forums.  Thank you guys for making that info available!