From:
Bill Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 16:50:27 -0700
Well, it's been nearly a week since the Ferret Olympics, but I am just now
getting a chance to sit and take a deep breath and write a little about it.

Thank you to all who participated, asked questions about it, called, wrote,
etc.  We had a pretty good response.  Some people declined to come out for
it because the weather was supposed to be too hot (100+) but as it turned
out, the temperature never got that high during the event.

I would also like to thank those people who have already written about the
Ferret Olympics.  I appreciate your good words.  I hope we will be able to
do this again next year.

Mo Bob did put in an appearance.  I can barely remember what he looked like
(except for some long hair and an earring) because he had one of the
prettiest little girls with him I have ever seen.  She was a vision in white
(which contrasted greatly with his loud colored shorts) and was the sweetest
thing!  (again a GREAT contrast to Bob!).  Moreover, she was quiet (an
INCREDIBLE contrast to Bob) and not a pun escaped her lips (repeat previous
parenthetical statement)!  Actually, I enjoyed both White Fang and Bob
equally, but I enjoy contrast!  Thanks for dropping by Bob!

Anyway, I feel our Ferret Olympics were quite successful and lots of fun was
had by all, humans and ferrets alike.  Now I can look forward to the Oregon
Ferret Association Fun Match on August 11!  Maybe I'll get a chance to
participate in some events there!

Thanks again to all who helped out.

Melanee Ellis
Lane Area Ferret Lovers