From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 05:15:06 -0400
I rarely put any ferret meds in food. Some shouldn't be heated, some
won't mix appropriately with food, water, oil, etc. And, you can't be
sure the ferret gets all of it.

Normally, ferrets get such a small amount, it's pretty easy to scruff
and give them from the side of the mouth. Pediapred (name brand) is one
of the easier ones. I have had several take it, for many months, up to
three times a day, and haven't seen a negative reaction to it. I don't
think it tastes that bad to them. Always try first to give the meds
alone. For those that say to give with food, I put the ferret in my
lap, let it eat a little bit, give the med, and then eat more.

Katharine