From:
Marti Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 06:52:48 -0400
Hi,
I have a client that raises cavys (guinnea pigs) and the experts suggest
when introducing new ones to the exsisting group, they put vanilla or a
touch of peppermint on their noses, it distracts the smell long enough to
give the new addition a chance to smell like the others.  You may try this.
I know when I add my new ones, after they have been with the others for the
day, they all will smell the same, but the other idea is great if you can't
get them to adjust quickly.

Marti
Loosewire, Lucy, Sugar & Spice