Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 23:47:20 EDT
Many thanks for all of you who have written.  I have sorely missed you
also.  No, I have not been on-line for a while.  I lost all email AND all
e-mail addresses.  If I may, I will briefly tell you how things stand now
as I will not be able to write back to everyone.  I am leaving on vacation.

The tile just went down last week.  It is Armstrong commercial tile-sand
color with darker sand splotches within the 12 inch tile.  I painted the
walls a dull sand color.  The effect is a pleasing natural look, and the
kitty litter dust will not be apparent as on the walls of a shiny paint or
another color tile.  Small pieces of dirt don't show because the sand tile
is not one consistent color.

The Sand is a special order color of Armstrong commercial tile from Home
Depot-only 50 cents each piece.  It needs to all come from the same lot
number.  So be sure you order all of your tile at the same time.  A
different lot number can greatly change the shade of the color.

The tile boxes of 40 tiles weigh about 70 pounds: very heavy.  But the
color persists all through this thick durable tile-unlike MOST tile.  So
ferrets can claw it, knives can scrape it cleaning off dried poop, and it
will still look good.  Also-it can be dull so as not to show the dust or
litter particles.  Or you can polish the tile to a high gloss.

2. The homeless boy got in the army and his young wife is having the baby
in August.

3. My hiking partner computer geek was making me nervous.  He did not pull
his weeds or cut his lawn.  He had no mailbox.  He had no interest in ever
fixing up in any way a house that needed major work.  And he did not know
enough to offer me a glass of water after a 6 hour hike when HE stopped at
a convenient store for water.  I had no money on me, or I would not have
thought about how strange that was.

I simply would have paid for my own water, he would have paid for his,
and I never would have realized how thoughtless he was.  We were both
exhausted, sweaty, and parched.  He sat there drinking, and it never
occurred to him to offer me a sip or to buy me a bottle.

I LIKE strange.  But this guy is in his thirties -- and without basic
courtesy towards his neighbors or me.  Gave me the willies.  I Never took
the lead in our hikes.  I did not want to turn my back on him.  Kept mace
on me.  He was TOO abnormal--for Me!!!!!!!!.  But, I miss the hikes in the
woods with one of the ferrets along in my ferret sack.

4. New computer and printer and stereo are in.  Mini- Vacation in Vegas
was a riot.  Stayed at Excalibur.  Barely slept.  Pet sitter was $84 a
day-and worth it for what she did and how happy my zoo was.  Headed out for
Lake Geneva now.  All day spa, boating, hiking with my sisters for a few
days.

5.No name for lovely ferret yet.  Thinking of Princess for this male as he
is so gentle and pretty.

6. Introducing New ferret noise: Put tongue tip against teeth.  Breath
quickly in and out through open mouth.  Try it.  Kind of a pant-whistle.
This is how Sunny and Princess sound for hours as they wrestle and run.
Can hear this from another room.  Everyone hissing and dooking right now.
Someone started the hissing thing, and now they all do it to each
other-including the cats.  Dearest God-I love this zoo.

Down with British Tyranny!!
WE will never again have such taxes!
Happy Fourth of July!!!
Lisette