From:
Leilah Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:33:37 EDT

Take your squeaky toy out and keep calling their names.  My buggers escaped
through a hole in the screen door.  I was convinced I would never see them
again but because I let everyone around my rural neighborhood know I had
ferrets, I got a call from a home over 1 mile away that they had found a
ferret.  IT WAS DEXTER!.  His brother, Star, was found next-door, under the
deck of my friend almost 4 days later.  He was eating their dog food and
drinking the dog's water.  The rest of the guys stayed right around the
house.  They were retrieved very soon after the great escape.  I've never
seen such bug eyes on a ferret!  (They were sooooo happy to be home!)
And I was soooo happy to have my babies back!  Take a cup of tea (or
beer) and sit silently by the escape route and they may come directly
back to you.

Good luck!  and best wishes for your recovery!

Leilah from Holland NY and my sweeties (6 of 'em)