From:
"Lisa McManus (ISG)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:03:35 +1300
Hi, I'm a new subscriber to the list.  My name is Lisa and I live in New
Zealand.  Ferrets aren't particuarly well known (or sometimes well liked)
animals to keep as pets here.  I have 2 ferts.  Both are females, Stella
is a 9 month old sable and Aspen is a 4 month old cinnamon.  Both are so
much fun I can't imagine life without ferrets.  My flatmates tolerate them
and I imagine the neighbours think we're a bit odd.  In the weekend Stella
escaped (through the cat flap that my flatmate had opened to let the cat
out).  The next door neigbour came running up the back steps to advise us
that she had a gatecrasher at her party next door.  I went over to the
party and no-one there would go anywhere near Stella to pick her up.  They
were basically standing on their chairs.  I laughed so hard I could hardly
blame Stella.  She couldn't figure out why they didn't want to play with
her.