From:
MR FREDERICK E RAHNER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 1995 22:02:28 EDT
  First of all, Abbey (my one year old female just diagnosed with lymphoma)
and I want to say a very heartfelt thank you to the wonderfully helpful and
expeditious responses we have received so far, especially from the
concerned professional doctors and med students who have answered my plea
for help.  Abbey seems to be doing okay although she is fairly lethargic
right now and appears to be slower in waking up from her naps.  She is
still eating (prefers dry Bil-Jack) and drinking okay although her appetite
is reduced from normal.  Once she gets up she does scamper around a little,
but then after a short time goes back to nap.  I am having a very difficult
time administering the Prelone Syrup.  Tonight I tried mixing it in with
the Bil-Jack and a little warm water for broth.  She ate a little but she
knows it's in there.  One vet has given me a list of herbal and nutritional
items that he mixes into a concoction for treating his ferret who has the
same condition as his.  I am going to try his idea.  Acoording to him, his
ferret is recovering well on this particular diet.  I have assembled about
two-thirds of the items on his list.  If anyone has any other ideas or
advice on treating lymphoma please contact me.  I will be checking Email
every day.  Again, we thank very, very much for your help so far.  I am
very touched by the all the caring, supportive people out there.  I will do
anything I can to try to keep my little girl alive.

Gratefully Yours,
Fred Rahner & Abbey & Mickey.
P.S.  Mickey is her older brother and he has been very protective and
loving towards her recently.  I think he realizes how sick she is.