From:
Sarah Branham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 19:12:51 EDT
Hi All!
Ginger and Max went again to the vet today.  Had their stools checked,
general health "exam". (eyes ears, teeth, weight, etc.)  Both weigh about
the same..1 1/2 lb (with Max being the little fatty as he is).  The vet
gave them their distemper shots, both took them surprisingly well!  No
reactions either (thank god).  Of course, both of their attitudes turned
around lol.  Ginger wiggling and trying to get around the place while Max
was the little angel.  The vet said he saw no parasites in the stools, they
both looked and acted healthy.  So he put them on a straight dry food diet
with 1/2 a teaspoon of active cultured yogurt a day for a while to see if
the diahrrea stops.  I also did a little "ferret show" for the other
patrons in the vet's office.  They all acted like they'd never seen them
before.  The receptionist let me put them on the floor since it was a
closed in waiting room and of course Ginger and Max put on the show of a
lifetime, dooking, crawling up my pants legs, and mock battling and of
course, war dancing.  There was a man there that was afraid of them.  He
said he had been bitten by a friend's before and that was the only one he'd
ever come in contact with.  After he saw Ginger (who loves kids) playing
chase with a little girl there, the man came up and actually petted her.
They seem a lot more excited today and both seem to be doing good, even
though the diahrrea isn't much better.

I do have a question.  Sort of.  The vet couldn't really tell if Ginger was
spayed.  We think she missed a descent, but, just in case she isn't spayed
( I don't want to go through the surgery, in case she IS spayed) so I was
wondering about breeding her.  I'd like to have everyone's opinion or
advice or even a link to some info about it would help because I've heard
it can be dangerous.  Thanks!

-Sarah, Ginger, and Max