From:
Ferret Friends of Pittsburgh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:13:05 +0000
>From: "R Downs" <[log in to unmask]>:
>
>... Usually the last day of the symposium people who want to go to
>the zoo go as a group. This year that is not planned because of the
>distance and difficulties involved in getting there.

**Um excuse me?? Difficulties in getting there?? What kind of
difficulties? The zoo is only about 30 minutes from the airport hotel.
If anyone wants to go to the Pittsburgh Zoo - I will ride you. Just
ask. :o) the Zoo is not to be missed, we have lots of great exhibits -
2 baby elephants and a baby tiger born this summer! There are also
meerkats that I love to watch and we even have at least one of our
domesticated ferret friend. The ferrets are part of the childrens zoo
and you are not permited to touch them, they use them for education
and they are not out everyday.

Anyway - if someone wants to visit the zoo while they are in town, give
me a ring. I'll be your personal driver, a small donation for gas would
be appreciated of course - but I'd be happy to do it... along with the
view of the city that is not to be missed. :o)

Chris