From:
"Kathy S. Mullett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 14:42:56 -0500
I have a 14 month-old male ferret named Jake.  Lately I have noticed that
Jake has been losing weight.  There are no other symptoms.  He is not losing
hair.  His appetite seems to be the same.  He acts fine.  He runs and plays
with the rest of my ferrets and is not having any pain.  His fur does seem
to be "wiry", not as soft as it used to be...I am worried about him.  Does
anyone have any ideas or suggestions?  He has already lost about a pound-he
looks so scrawny and fraile!  I would greatly appreciate any comments or
suggestions!

P.S.  I have 7 other ferrets, and they all seem to be fine.

Kathy