From:
Michele Fitzgerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 23:00:47 -0400
Hello all,

Finnegan is slowly holding his own in this battle with ECE, but I have a
question regarding 1) any new testing methods to positively confirm the
diagnoses?  and 2) Has anyone had more success using Kaopectate over
Pepto-Bismol to help slow the diarrhea?

Finny is just going into week #2 of Amoxi drops, Pepcid AC, and low dose
(1mg/kg) Pred.  He was on Flagyl for four days but hated it so much that
the Dr. dropped that one from the program.  He has also been getting SQ LRS
injections twice daily to play catch-up with the devastating dehydration.
I had been giving him Pepto initially before the other treatments, but he
hated that TOO so much so that he would vomit it up and shake
uncontrollably afterwards!  Has anyone used Kaopectate with any success?
Does it taste better to them?  As of now his stool looks seedy...green,
little globs with some sloughing also.  But less frequent since starting
the Pred.

Thanks for any and all suggestions....
Michele and a sad little Finnegan
(Sorry for the graphic descriptions...)