From:
Meg Currie Ludlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 11:33:20 -0500
I've been reading your posts about ways to euthanize ferrets and it get
me thinking... when we had rats the accepted method of euthanasia was to
gas them and then give them the injection.  The going opinion was that
due to their small size it was more humane to put them under before
sticking them.  Is this a good option for ferrets (so that they aren't
awake for the actual injection)?  I'm a fairly new ferret mom, but want
to be informed as to the most humane methods.

Thanks!
Meg