From:
Lapinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 21:47:01 -0500
Hi!

As a long time ferret owner (and previously owned by five wonderful
fuzzies) I know the importance of a good vet.

We travel about 65 miles to our current vets when need be, and they are a
trusted staff who handles our babies frequently.

One of our babies might have to have surgery soon (We find out Tuesdsay
afternoon) and also being owned by a ten year old with insulinoma, our
vet see's more of us every day.

The problem is that I've had the same vet for four years, and it was hard
enough finding someone we could trust after our previous vet retired.

Now we're moving to Charleston South Carolina in a few weeks, and I don't
have the vaguest idea of where to start looking for a ferret friendly vet.
I've never been to SC and don't know the surrounding area's, or if there
is a vet readily available for our fuzzies in that area.

I was hoping maybe some of you FML'ers out there would have some
suggestions, or even some reference's in finding a new vet.

I've read that SC is legal for ferrets, but that they're not exactly
*ferret friendly*..  I don't know if that's true or not, but was hoping
some of you might have some input.

Thank you so much!

JL