From:
Dale Boone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 29 May 1994 06:24:35 -0400
RBOSSART-
        I, too, tried MFFF on my guys.  (Rog gave me the "milk carton" (26oz)
size sample. First I tried it seperate from the others. no one would touch it.
Then I mixed it in with their Iams.  They'd pick it out, everytime. I'm sure
there are others whose ferrets are less picky (or perhaps have had less time
to "imprint" the food of choice, but my guys are pretty set in their ways and
flat out refuse to eat it. As for whether or not which food is "better" for
them, I've been feeding Iams since my oldest (now-7-1/2) was a kit and have
had no problems which could be attributed to dietary deficiencies. To me, the
few extra percentage points that MFFF offers are not really worth worrying
about as long as I can supplement them in a way my 'kids' will tolerate. I'm
sure there are ferrets that will eat MFFF. I'm sure that MFFF is a good
food. If I had kits, I might start them out on it, but granddad used to say
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Dale Boone